2 Months
schwing58 08-23-2010
comment profile send pm notify

About 2 months ago a 52 meter boom spontaniously breaks at the tower, killing 2 and injuring 2. Imidiately they start an investigation. I was quite scared at that time for my own pump I must say. What the hell could this be???

But suddenly it becomes very quiete... Makes me wonder? How long can it take to figure out what went wrong. Or do they hope we'll forget about the whole thing???? Or are they still testing stuff??

jj707 08-23-2010
reply profile send pm notify

Schwing is a top notch company if they find a defect in there workmanship or during casting and machining of some of their components I guarantee they will shut down every machine affected and get them fixed before they will allow them to be put back in service, now if it was a neglect or issue of abuse it may stay quiet, and in the coming months maybe a safety bulletin on how to keep this from happening.

Seed 08-23-2010

I would call them!

Todd 08-23-2010

Just call them they will explain what they know. I have been told all about it. Just call them they will be strait up with you.

schwing58 08-23-2010

Ok. So there is an answer already todd?? But you're not allowed to post the story here? Strange but ok. Was it that bad?

schwing58 08-23-2010

Or do I misunderstand you now?

Todd 08-23-2010

Do you work for one of schwings cometitors? if you own a schwing just call them and get the scoop. If you had a pump that was affected with this type of issue they would of called you. I think your just tring to bash Schwing. Schwings a good company, all pump companies have issues or problems at one time or another.

Pump N00b 08-23-2010

And even if the Mfg. has discovered problems and things that needs inspection, it's not always sure that your local agent or distributor in your country or region get's the word or bother to say it to you.
Have had a number of issues with different brands where we had to go directly to the mfg. to get the fix since the locals did'nt bother.

Todd 08-23-2010

ok maybe your right. Well I heard Schwing called all that have an issue.

schwing58 08-23-2010

No no no... You got it wrong. I love schwing. Think they are the best!! Every body can make a mistake and its not even sure or even not likely that it was a mistake from schwing. I was just interested from an experienced operators point of view. Sorry. I was just thinking this was the site where we would be kept posted about this sort of developments but I think I got it wrong.

So only the people that own a pump like this are alowed to know what happened? I thought it might be something all of us could learn something about.

Todd 08-23-2010

If Schwing wants to post the issue they can its up to them. I am not going to post what I have heard thats not right. It like this, you have an accident and you want to post about it than its fine with me if you dont want to post about it that is fine with me also. This site is not the way any of the mfg update their clients, they just call their clients and talk to them.

PumpingSolutions 08-23-2010

Doesnt make sense, guys are posting videos and pictures of accidents on here all the time. Have all the people who have these accidents been asked if it is ok to post these pics or did they post them themselves.

Maybe if you went to the Schwing website they might have some info there. And no, I am not here to bash Schwing pumps, that is all we have in our fleet.

schwing58 08-23-2010

Well if its all such a big secret than you can just remove this topic. Don't want to start speculations or rumors.

Todd 08-23-2010

so what do you want me to do make Schwing post what happen? I dont know what your asking of me. I cant make them do anything and I dont have an official statement. Its not my job to speak for Schwing.

schwing58 08-23-2010

But I would choose a different strategy if I was schwing. Now it sounds like its all very bad if they don't dare to be open about it.

schwing58 08-23-2010

Ok todd. This was not personal to you. My question should have been if there was any stament from schwing. But ok. There isn't.

Todd 08-23-2010

I am sorry I did not mean to get all pissy

PumpingSolutions 08-24-2010

Hey I didnt say so called operators. How did Manys post get on mine

Many 08-24-2010

A new concept called copy and paste.Rather than confuse anyone else I simply hit the other new tech advance,called delete.

BIG PAPA PUMP 08-24-2010

What a dill