32 putz outrigger
BRETTSKI 01-08-2010
comment profile send pm notify

When i stretch the boom out the side the opposite site outriggers want to come off the ground, even though I've got all of the outriggers fully extended and blocked, why? Will it tip over?

mtnpumper 01-08-2010
reply profile send pm notify

Do you have short out riggers on the back?

BRETTSKI 01-08-2010

they go staright out from the frame about four or five feet at the back and the front swing out and then extend.

murf 01-08-2010

if you are doing every thing text book then simple answer is no it wont tip over, Try over jacking on the working side, then when the boom is loaded re adjust the legs that are now floating. Sometimes its better to have the chassis hanging from the legs. You are not alone with this scenario, alot of other makes and models will do this.

mtnpumper 01-08-2010

I'm with murf, mine is the same as far as the outriggers and she's stable in lots of situations, boom bounce is the problem. If your outside outrigger is floating its a pain in the ass if your trying to do volume, many a times have ran over and extended that foot once I was set up///

Mr Putz 5 01-08-2010

Always set up your pump so that it is leaning away from your work and with the rear wheels just off the ground .Remember too that the oil in the riggers will cool and contract ,allowing the rigger to sag.If a rigger behind the boom is moving,first take up more weight on the diagonaly opposed leg and then tighten the loose jack.Some times ground conditions will cause this problem,a high water table or when working near a river as the ground can "sponge" and float. When you return to the pump the rigger is firmly attached to the ground .This however calls for a much wider foot print

52putz 01-08-2010

It shouldn't tip over. 

The short outrigger 32m need to have the outriggers adjusted differently than the X style; you have to put the frame/pump chassis of the truck in a bind to hold the outrigger down on the opposite side you are booming.  On this older style outrigger setup, the pump chassis is not as ridgid as the X style because of the better mechanical advantage of having the rear outriggers attached directly to the turret section.  These short outriggers are attached so far away from the turret that the frame and pump chassis actually twist and lift the opposite side outriggers off the ground. 

If you are booming over the side of the truck, you should jack the rear outrigger of that side a bit higher and loosen the front outrigger on the opposite side a bit to put the chassis in a bind...like you would twist a rope.  This will keep the opposite side outriggers down.  It will take some practice to get it perfect but it will make the boom more stable.

But this outrigger setup is very safe.  I used it for many years.

biged 01-08-2010

If you are mainly working off the right  side then when setting up swing to the  left side throwing your chassis off balance put down good area of dunnage then swing back right and set that side up to where your truck is leaning left a little, if the soil is wet keep and eye on the right side cause it can push your set down if it does swing back the left add more dunnage then you shoud be set out 32 Putz has the same rear riggers one cylinder pushes both sides out.

pumper chuck 01-09-2010

32 putz says it all. not going anywhere pump on.

Travelteck 01-11-2010

Brettski, in answer to your question about stability of the unit.

ALL Putzmeister pumps are stability tested for 360 degree rotations with the unit set up level on solid outriggers, all the truck tires are OFF the ground. The unit is designed to use the Chassis to act as counter weight for the correct center of gravity on the boom.

Leaving the tires on the ground removes some of the counter weight this will cause the unit to flex more. All frames flex some, When they stability test the units they hang weights on the boom and in the hopper to simulate a full load plus a safety percentage, then when they rotate the boom  360 Degrees, the unit is allowed to lift the opposite outrigger to a specification determined by the Eng Dept.

It is possible to have one outrigger float on the opposite side of the unit. I advise customers to tighten the light outrigger IF all the other items are good. Unit within 3 deg, fully set up on the correct amount of support blocks for the soil conditions.

I would love to talk further about this, I want you to be confident and feel safe running your pump.

Call me if you want at 360 600 5695.

Boom Inspector 01-11-2010

Travelteck , that was an excellent answear . I think you gave a very good and reasonable answear to his problem.